Options Trading Hours at NSE / BSE [F&O Trading Time Explained]
Published on Saturday, May 19, 2018
Equity F&O Trading is conducted at NSE and BSE on predefined timings on all weekdays except market holidays. The Stock market remains close on Saturday's, Sunday's and on declared holidays.
On all other days, the Options Trading Hours are as below:
- Options Market Open Time: 9:15 AM
- Options Market Close Time: 3:30 PM
In addition to above Options Market Timing, following are key trading session timing a trader should be aware of:
- Setup cutoff time for Position limit/Collateral value: 4:15 PM
- Trade modification / Exercise market end time: 4:15 PM
- Pre-open Trading Session*: 09:00 AM to 09:15 AM (Not applicable for the F&O segment)
- Post-Close Trading Session**: 3:40 PM to 4 PM (Not applicable for the F&O segment)
- All F&O trading timings are in IST.
- * Pre-open trading sessions are for Order Entry and Order Matching only.
- ** Post closing trading session is for buying and selling shares at a fixed pre-determined price. This is only applicable for Equity Cash segment.
- Pre-opening session and the post-closing session is only for the equity cash market. There are no such sessions for future & options.
- Option Trading Hours at NSE and Option Trading Hours at BSE are same.
- The Normal Derivatives Trading Hours (9:15 AM to 3:30 PM) are also known as ‘Continuous Trading Session'.
This page provides information about NSE Opening Time, Options Trading Opening Time, NSE derivatives Timings, India Options Market Hours, NSE Option Trading Time, NSE Option Expiry Time, NSE derivatives Trading Hours, Options Market Opening Hours, NSE F&O Timings, NSE F&O Opening Time, and NSE Option Market Timing.
|Pre-Open Session||Normal Trading Session||Closing Session||Post-Closing Session|
|Timing||9 AM to 9:15 AM||9:15 AM to 3:30 PM||3:30 PM to 3:40 PM||3:40 PM to 4 PM|
|Segment||Equity Cash||Equity Cash and F&O||Equity Cash and F&O||Equity Cash|
|Purpose||All orders are accumulated and matched at a single market opening price at the end of the session||Trade occurs continuously as orders match on price/time priority||Closing price calculated||Execution of trades at the closing price|
Vote Here ...
No comments yet. Be first to comment!